— NeoGeo Pocket (Color)
is the SDL port of NeoPop, a portable NeoGeo Pocket
emulator. It supports black&white and color games, game state saving,
screenshots (BMP and PNG), sound and music, double- and triple-size scaling
(both in software and hardware), full-screen-mode, joysticks and keyboard
input, and the ability to read from ZIP files.
All options can be specified in the config file,
, or on the command line.
Command-line options override config file settings.
The following options are supported:
- Describes the role NeoPop-SDL should play
with regard to network play:
- Disable network play.
- Have client connect to us (start first).
- Connect to server.
- Start in colour mode (default: automatic). See also
- Emulate an English language NeoGeo Pocket (default). See
- Set frameskip to count. The default
frameskip is 1. Frameskip 2 means that every second frame is shown, thus
increasing emulation speed since showing the graphics on screen is skipped
half of the time. However, animation will be less smooth.
- Start in greyscale mode (default: automatic). See also
- Show a short help message explaining the options.
- Emulate a Japanese language NeoGeo Pocket. Some ROMs will
show Japanese text instead of English if this option is chosen. See also
- Load start emulator state from file
state. See the description for the
F4 key below.
- Do not use smoothed magnification modes. See also
- Use smoothed magnification modes (default). In double- and
triple-size mode, the graphics will look less blocky, but this option has
quite a performance impact.
- Which TCP port to use for network play. Defaults to
- Hostname of the server for network play.
- Silent mode. Sounds and music are not played. See also
- Sounds and music are played (default). See also
- Display the version number.
- Specify when to use YUV overlay, can be one of
magnified. Using YUV overlay allows
hardware accelerated scaling on most newer graphics cards.
should obviously be a NeoGeo Pocket ROM file,
unzipped or zipped.
The keys can be specified in the config file,
. The following are the
For movement, use either the cursor keys or I
for down, J
for left, and
The buttons are:
- Button A
- A or SHIFT.
- Button B
- S or CTRL.
- Option button
- D or TAB.
toggles music and sound effects during game.
, and 3
magnication factor: 1
is normal (160x152),
is doubled in both directions, and 3
tripled. Please note that bigger screens are slower to display (except if
hardware scaling is enabled), even more so if smooth magnification is enabled
below). Magnification is
ignored in YUV fullscreen mode.
toggles between blocky and smooth magnification (defaults to
smooth). The algorithm used for smooth 2x magnification is hq2x, the one used
for 3x magification is hq3x. Smooth animation is definitely slower than
switches between full-screen and windowed mode.
increase frameskip while
decreases frameskip. The default frameskip is one, if the
option was not used. A frameskip of
means one in n
frames is shown,
thus speeding up emulation at the cost of less smooth animation.
loads and F4
writes the current emulator
state from/to filename.ngs
from 0 to 9
for the numbered save slots) in the directory configured in
”). The emulator state contains
all the necessary information to continue emulation at the exact same place at
some later time (i.e., when it is loaded again via F3
command line flag.) filename
depends on the
saves a screenshot in the directory configured in
”). The name of the output file is
is the number of the screenshot starting from 0;
special care is taken not to overwrite existing screenshots. If the PNG
library was found during compilation, screenshots are saved as PNGs, otherwise
as BMPs. The screenshot is always in the original screen size.
depends on the
quits the emulator.
wrote the original NeoPop emulator.
> ported it
> made lots of
provided the z80 core for sound.
provided simple portable unzip code.
provided the HQx scaling routines.
Network play does not work.
Also, please see the DOCDIR/bugs-core.html